Updated On — 5th May, 2020
Star Health Insurance Plans: Star Health and Allied Insurance policies protect financial condition of a person in the event of medical adversity.
Table of Content
- Terms & Conditions (Star Health Insurance)
- Types of Star health insurance policies
- Star Health Insurance Online Renewal
- Star Health and Allied Insurance Customer Service
- Premium Calculator (Star Health and Allied Insurance Mediclaim)
- Star Health and Allied Insurance for Government Employees
- Star Health and Allied Insurance Health Screening
- Star Health and Allied Insurance Policy Documents
- Star Health and Allied Insurance Login
- Star Health and Allied Insurance Customer ID
- Star Health and Allied Insurance Network Hospital
- FAQ’s (Star Health Insurance Plans)
Star Health and Allied Insurance started insurance plans in 2006 on health insurance, personal accident, foreign medi-claim policy.
The company recognizes the economic consequences of rising medical costs and has accordingly designed products through which customers can receive adequate and cost-effective medical treatment.
Each of these schemes serves to meet various medical costs in unique ways. They claim benefits such as quick, easy and direct claims (such as participation from a third party), cashless facilities, and free telephonic medical advice at any time.
- Read About: Religare Health Insurance
Terms & Coditions (Star Health Insurance)
Star Health Insurance Plans: The following features/conditions are common to all the schemes on offer:
- In-patient hospitalization/treatment including hospital expenses, provided if there is a minimum hospitalization of 24 hours.
- Pre-hospitalization expenses:
Typically up to 30 days.
- Post-hospitalization expenses:
Usually up to 60 days; Lump sum payments are usually received at 7% of the expenses or through Rs.5,000, whichever is less.
- Pre-existing diseases are covered by the home insurer subject to prior coverage; Generally for a four-year preceding policy establishment (2 or 3 years where specified).
- Floater Basis:
The family consists of the primary policyholder, spouse, and children who are dependent on the parents (usually subject to the 25-year age limit); The sum assured is the same between the insured members.
- Individual basis:
The sum insured made available on a per capita basis under the policy.
- Restoration of Sum Insured:
Generally allowed after a specified number of claim-free years
(Room, Nursing, Boarding, Surgery, Anesthetist, Medical Practitioner, Consultation, Specialist, Oxygen, OT fee, X-ray, Dialysis, Chemotherapy, Diagnostic Materials, Blood, Medicine, Drugs, etc.) which selected as per the plan. Not a restriction list)
Types of Star health insurance policies
Star Health Insurance Plans: Listed below policies are the different types of policies that are offered by Star Insurance:
Star Family Health Optima Insurance Plan
Covers the entire family under one scheme. The plan gives coverage for the entire family at an affordable premium.
- Anyone between 18 years and 65 years can opt for this health insurance policy.
- You can renew the policy if the policyholder is over 65 years of age.
- Children who are older than 16 days can be associated under this policy as part of the family.
A bonus of 25% of the original sum assured will be provided if no claims made during the policy period.
An extra 10% discount will be provided for each next claim-free year. If you claim during the term of the policy, the bonus will be given in the same manner as it provided.
The Sum Insured of the policy starts at 1 lakh. You can opt for a maximum sum assured of Rs 25 lakh under this policy.
The premium of this policy is Rs. 5 starts with premium25. This amount is excluding tax paid for the premium amount. The cost of the premium will increase based on age and sum insured.
- An insurance policy for all family members.
- The sum assured will be repaid by the insured. The policyholder is not required to pay any amount for this.
- Coverage will be given to the child born on the day the child is more than 16 days old.
- The all-day care process will be covered under this policy.
- Star will provide a free health check as a reward for every claim-free year.
- The plan covers the cost incurred for assisted reproduction treatment.
- After the expiry of the sum assured, the sum assured will be automatically restored to its maximum limit. This will be done a maximum of three times.
- The treatment will cover the expenses of the domestic hospital which is to be done for more than 3 days.
- A 120-day grace period granted after the policy end date.
- The Sum Insured will be recharged without any next payment.
- You can renew life under this policy after the age of 65 years.
Health Insurance Policy (Star Senior Citizen Red Carpet)
There is a health insurance policy specifically designed for seniors between 60 years and 75 years.
Anyone over 60 years of age can apply for this policy. All people between 60 years and 75 years can avail of this policy.
Medical screening before taking policy
There is no pre-approval medical screening before availing this policy. But, you can get a 10% medical discount by providing the following test results to the insurer:
- BP Report
- Blood creatinine and urea
- Chinese (both fasting and fasting)
- Stress Thallium Report
You can avail the tax paid for this policy as a premium. This tax benefit can be claimed under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
The sum assured of the policy starts from 1 lakh. A new insurance amount has introduced. You can opt for insurance up to Rs 25 lakh depending on your coverage needs.
The premium paid for the policy is starts at 7025 (Rs). The premium will vary depending on the age and amount chosen by the insured.
- A medical examination is not required before availing of the policy.
- Under this policy pre-existing policies will be covered after the completion of the second year from the date of commencement of the policy.
- The policy floated and issued on an individual basis.
- You will be provided with the option to consult as an outpatient in the network hospitals of the insurer.
- The lifetime renewal option is available in this policy.
- The term of the policy can be between 1 year to 3 years. You can choose the term of the policy based on your needs.
Star Comprehensive Insurance Policy (Star Health Insurance Plans)
There is an insurance plan that provides complete coverage for inpatient as well as some outpatient treatment. It also considers the health needs of new/expected mothers.
All people above 18 years of age can apply for this policy. Anyone between 18 years and 65 years can avail of this policy.
Dependent children can be covered under this policy if they are older than 3 months and under 25 years of age.
For this policy any amount paid as a premium is eligible for tax exemption as per Section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
Under this policy the Sum Insured starts at Rs 5 lakh and can go up to a maximum of Rs 1 crore.
The premium of the policy starts from Rs.8,278. The premium will vary depending on the age and the period covered.
- All daycare procedures covered under this policy.
- For the cost of air ambulance per hospital in the hospital, Rs. Up to 50 lakhs are provided. Yet, for the policy term, this amount is Rs. It cannot exceed 5 lakhs.
- The cover provided for a second medical opinion.
- The cost of a medical checkup will be covered under this policy.
- Newborn care and maternity care will be covered under the policy.
- Dental treatment will be covered on the basis of OPD.
- Personal Accident cover will be provided in case of an insured accident permanent disability.
- All medical costs due to bariatric surgical procedures and any complications associated with it are covered.
Star Medi-Classic Insurance Policy (Individual)
There is a comprehensive health insurance plan that provides a cover against a range of medical expenses.
The policy also includes non-allopathic remedies. Also, with this policy, the insured can also buy add-on plans that will provide him with a more advanced level of protection.
- Anyone with the age between 5 months to 65 years can avail of this policy.
- Children (covered with parents).
Pre-approval medical test
Every person desirous of availing this policy above the age of 50 years will have to undergo some medical tests before approving the policy.
These tests will be conducted at centers that have been nominated by the company. Star is currently covering the costs of these tests.
For this insurance policy, the amount paid as premium is eligible for tax benefits. This is by Section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
The Sum Assured for this policy starts at 1 Lakh. This can go up to Rs 15 lakh depending on the amount of your security.
The premium of this policy is Rs. It starts at 3,137. This amount will vary depending on the age and amount of the sum assured in the policy.
- For every claim-free year, no claim bonus of 5% provided.
- For every 4 claim-free years, under this policy, Rs. The cost of health check-up to 5000 will be covered.
- Patient care covers and hospital care covers are some also optional covers that you can choose from.
- All daycare procedures are covered under this policy. To know more information about the daycare procedures covered in the policy, see the policy document.
Star Health Gain Insurance Policy (Star Health Insurance Plans)
There is a health insurance policy option that covers both inpatient and outpatient expenses.
- The entry age for this policy starts from 91 days. Any person under the age of 65 can apply for this policy.
- The family consists of a spouse, self and dependent children under 25 years of age.
Any amount you pay for this health insurance policy is eligible for tax exemption under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
The sum assured under this policy is between 1 lakh to 5 lakh rupees. You can choose the amount of insurance you need depending on the coverage limit.
The premium paid for this policy starts at Rs 15,000 and can go up to Rs 30,000. This premium amount is excluding the tax paid for the premium amount.
- You can choose the amount you want as premium and the amount you want to pay as insurance.
- All expenses incurred for any daycare procedure will be covered under this policy.
- Pre-hospitalization expenses are covered for 30 days before the date of hospital admission.
- From the date of the leave of the insured, the policy will cover the expenses after hospitalization for 60 days.
- Nursing expenses up to 1% of the sum insured per day will be covered.
- The treatment of cataracts is subject to the terms and conditions mentioned in the policy.
- Cashless hospitalization facility in more than 9,100 network hospitals spread across the country.
Star Super Surplus Insurance Policy (Star Health Insurance Plans)
There is a top-up policy which can be used to increase the insurance amount by paying a cheaper premium amount.
- Anyone over 18 and under 65 can apply for this policy.
- If the child is more than 91 days old and below 25 years of age, you can cover your child under this policy.
- Children can only be covered with parents under this policy.
Everything you pay as a premium for this insurance policy is tax-deductible. This is by Section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
The insurance amount of the policy is Rs. 5 lakhs and it starts at Rs. It can go up to 25 lakhs.
The premium of this policy will depend on the plan you choose. Two schemes are available – Swarna Yojana and Rajat Yojana.
The premium and insurance amount will vary depending on the plan chosen.
- The premium of this policy is less than Rs.920. The premium will vary depending on the sum assured, and the health status of the insured.
The policy can be availed on both floater and personal basis. The coverage of the policy will vary depending on the plan chosen. If you opt for a silver plan, the coverage listed below is:
- Inpatient hospitalization expenses per day maximum of Rs. Up to 4000 are covered.
- Under this policy consultant fees, surgeon fees, and specialist fees will be covered.
- Operation theater fees, anesthesia, and pacemaker costs will be covered.
- Hospitalization expenses will be covered for 30 days before the date of hospitalization.
- Post-hospitalization expenses will be covered for 60 days from the date of discharge from the hospital.
The policy will cover pre-existing diseases after the insurer has been continuously covered for 36 months without any break-in insurance.
- There is a 24-month waiting period for some specific diseases.
If you opt for a gold scheme then you will get the following coverage:
- The costs of hospitalization of the patient include room and nursing expenses.
- Under this scheme, pre-hospitalization expenses covered 60 days before the date of hospitalization.
- Post-hospitalization expenses covered up to 90 days from the date of discharge.
- Emergency ambulance charges covered under this policy. There is a coverage limit of Rs.3,000 per hospital.
- Disbursement expenses per policy period Rs. Up to 50,000 is covered. It is subject to a maximum of two deliveries during the lifetime of the insured.
- Under the policy, expenses of organ donor will be covered. Post-donation complications and donor screening will not be covered under this policy.
- You can avail air accident cover up to 10% of the sum assured of Rs 7 lakh or more.
- Pre-existing diseases will be covered after the completion of 12 months of coverage.
- There is a waiting period of 12 months for some specific diseases.
- There is an option to recharge the sum insured if the limit exceeded during the policy period.
Star diabetes safe insurance policy (Star Health Insurance Plans)
A policy specifically designed to cover expenses arising from the treatment of diabetes. This includes both type 1 and type 2 and any other complication of diabetes.
Anyone over the age of 18 and under 65 can avail of this health insurance policy.
You can get tax benefits for any amount paid as premium for the policy under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
The insurance amount of the policy is Rs. It starts at Rs 3 lakh and can be a maximum of Rs 10 lakh. Depending on the amount you want to cover, you can choose the insurance amount.
The premium paid for the policy is starts at 6,825 (Rs.). The premium will vary depending on age and the amount of sum insured.
- Under this policy, there are two plans available – Plan A and Plan B.
- A medical screening test is mandatory before the insurer accepts your application if you are choosing for Plan A.
- If you are opting for Plan B, then you should not undergo any medical examination before availing the policy.
- If you select Plan A there is no waiting period for any complications related to diabetes. If you opt for B then there is a 12 month waiting period.
- Donor expenses included for kidney transplant surgery will be covered.
- Clinical trials, counseling, and medications are some of the outpatient expenses that will be covered under the policy.
- Under the policy, compensation will be provided in case of the accidental death of the insured.
- For dialysis treatment, Rs. Expenses up to 1,000 covered. This limit is for every seating and this coverage provided for 24 months.
- Subject to certain limitations, the cost of prostheses will be covered.
- The entire sum insured will be automatically restored to the maximum amount.
- This policy covers all daycare procedures.
- The cost of hospitalization for any complication other than diabetes will also be included in this policy.
Star Cardiac Care Insurance Policy (Star Health Insurance Plans)
The Star Cardiac Care Insurance Policy is a health insurance policy for people undergoing any of the surgeries listed in the policy for the first time, especially for existing cardiac diseases.
- Anyone between the ages of 10 and 65 years can have it if they have undergone any of the following treatments:
- CABG (Coronary artery bypass grafting) or PTCA transluminal coronary angioplasty (percutaneous coronary angioplasty)
- Ventricular septal defect (VSD) or atrial septal defect (ASD) that corrected
- Based on the report the angiogram was not performed with the need for medical intervention
- RF ablation did correct the current cardiac condition
- Patent ductus arteriosus (PDA)
Pre-approval medical examination
You do not need any medical examination before availing of this policy. The person purchasing the insurance must submit all previous medical records required by the insurer.
- A 30-day waiting period applies when the policy availed. Claims can be made only after this waiting period. There is an exemption for accidents.
- There is a 24-month waiting period for certain diseases or illnesses. See the policy document to find the list of these diseases.
- A waiting period of 48 months is applicable to pre-existing diseases or illnesses.
Any amount paid to the insurer for this policy is eligible for tax benefits under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
There are two insurance options available under this scheme. Depending on the coverage you want, you can get Rs.3 lakh or Rs. 4 lakhs can be insured.
The premium for the policy starts at Rs.14,095. This is excluding tax to be paid for the premium. The cost of the premium will vary depending on age, the sum insured and plan.
- There are two schemes available under this policy – Swarna Yojana and Rajat Yojana
- Both these schemes will provide coverage in case of hospitalization due to accident or any other non-cardiovascular disease.
- Hospitalization expenses will be covered for a maximum of 30 days before the date of hospitalization.
- Post-hospitalization expenses will be covered up to 7% of hospitalizations. Per hospital Rs. A maximum limit of 5000 is set.
- Ambulance charges will be covered to take to the hospital in case of an emergency. Coverage will be up to the limits specified in the policy.
- Pre-existing diseases or illnesses will be covered after having continuous coverage with the insurer for 48 months.
- Any treatment related to heart diseases will be covered under the policy after completion of the waiting period of 90 days. This waiting period does not apply at the time of renewal of the policy.
- Personal Accident Cover – If the insured meets with an accident and is completely damaged due to an accident caused by visible, violent and external means.
- The treatment of cataracts per hospital is Rs. Up to 20,000 covered. There is a limit of Rs. 30,000 for the policy term.
- Appropriate out-patient expenses at the network facility will be considered out-patient treatment. There is a limit of Rs 500 per event and a maximum of Rs 1,500 during the policy period.
Star Cancer Care Gold Insurance Policy (Pilot Product)
Star Cancer Care Gold is the first health insurance product made specifically for people diagnosed with cancer. It is a pilot product and will be available for a limited period only.
- The age for the policy is 5 months (minimum). You can buy this policy untill the age of 65 years.
- The spouse (policy buyer), can cover dependent parents or dependent children.
- The term of the policy is 1 year.
- You do not need any pre-approval medical tests to take advantage of this policy.
- To get a lump sum cover, treatment should be started only after completion of 30 months from the start date of Star Care Care Gold.
- For indemnity cover, there is a waiting period of 30 days from the date of commencement of the policy.
- for some specific procedures and diseases, there is a 24-month waiting period.
- Pre-existing diseases will be completed 48 months after the policy issued. Pre-existing diseases do not include cancer.
Tax benefits can be availed for any amount paid for an insurance policy under Section 80D of the Act.
Sum Insured Rs. 3 lakhs or Rs. Can be 5 lakhs. It cannot be changed again after making the election.
The premium for the policy starts at Rs.12,250. This amount is excluding tax to be paid for the premium. The premium amount will be chosen based on the different age and sum insured.
- 50% of the sum assured provided as a lump sum cover. This amount is for metastasis, recurrence or second malignancy that is not related to first cancer.
- For diseases other than cancer and accidents, Health cover is also provided.
- Up to Rs 1.5 lakh coverage provided for surgical and interventional therapy. This is for an insured amount of Rs. 1 lakh and is Rs. 5 lakhs for an insured amount of Rs. 15 lakhs.
- Coverage for non-surgical and non-traditional medicine is also provided. Rs. 50,000 and Rs. The maximum cover of 1 lakh is Rs.3 lakh and Rs respectively. 5 lakh provided for insurance.
- Emergency hospitalization cover of Rs 1500 provided for each hospital. This cover has a maximum of Rs. 20,000.
- For all daycare procedures expenses will be covered under this policy.
Star Care Micro Insurance Policy (Star Health Insurance Plans)
Available both on a floater and on an individual basis. This insurance scheme is available in Tier I and Tier II locations of the country.
Anyone between 18 years and 65 years can avail of this policy. He should live in Tier I or Tier II in India.
You can get tax benefits for any amount paid for this insurance policy under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
The premium paid for this policy starts from Rs. 905. This amount is exclusive of the tax paid for the premium. The premium amount will vary depending on age and sum insured.
- Pre-hospitalization costs covered for 30 days before the date of hospital admission.
- Medical expenses up to 7% of hospitalization expenses will be covered under hospitalization expenses. This amount is a maximum Rs. It can be 30,000. From the hospital, these expenses covered for 60 days from the date of discharge.
- The maximum per day allowed by the insurer is Rs. 1,000 will be given a hospital cash benefit. It provided for a period of 14 days. Treatment should be done in a government hospital.
- Charges up to Rs.2,000 of ICU will be covered by the policy. This is for a maximum of Rs. 10,000 is subject to.
- 0.75% of the sum insured can be covered for room and boarding expenses. You can opt for private or shared accommodation depending on your convenience.
The maximum coverage limits for certain diseases and illnesses listed below:
Compensation sickness limit
- Medical Management (Other Diseases) Rs.7,500
- Cataract Rs.8,500
- Medical Management (Major Disease) Rs 15,000
- Other surgeries are Rs. 20,000
- Major Surgery Rs. 40,000
- Accidental Complaint Injuries Rs. 40,000
Star Criticare Plus Insurance Policy (Star Health Insurance Plans)
Coverage 9 coverage of specific critical illness.
At the time of availing this policy, anyone between 18 years and 65 years can buy a Star Criticare Plus insurance policy.
You can avail tax under Section 80D of Income Tax Act, 1961 for any amount paid as premium for this insurance policy.
The sum assured under this scheme can be between Rs 2 lakh to Rs 1 crore.
The premium of the policy is Rs. This amount is excluding tax paid for the premium amount. The premium to be paid will vary depending on the age of the person.
- Policy 7 provides coverage for critical illness. All of these are specified in the policy document.
- The lump-sum payment will be provided by the insurer immediately after the diagnosis of the disease.
- The scheme also provides for regular hospitalization apart from critical illnesses.
- Coverage is also provided for non-allopathic treatments. However, there is a limit on the coverage for this type of treatment.
- Hospitalization expenses will be covered up to 30 days before the date of hospitalization.
- Post-hospitalization, a lump sum will be paid by the insured based on the limit you choose at the time of availing the policy.
- Hospitalization cover will cover all patient’s hospitalization expenses for a period of 24 hours.
Major Disease Covers
The first diagnosis of cancer
- Set up immutable quadrilateral
- Irreversible paraplegia established
- Established irreversible coma
- Cerebro Vascular Stroke Causes Hematuria
- chronic kidney disease
- A brain tumor is being treated for the first time
- Major organ transplant
- acute myocardial infarction
Star Family Finite Insurance Policy
There is an affordable health insurance policy that provides coverage for the whole family.
At the time of availing the policy, anyone between 5 months to 65 years can buy this insurance policy. The family consists of spouses, self and dependent children in this policy.
Under Section 80D of the Act, 1961, the tax benefit can be availed for the amount paid for this insurance policy.
The Sum Assured of this policy is Rs.2 lakh. There is only one Sum Assured option in this policy.
The premium paid for the insurance policy starts at Rs.2,800. This amount is excluding tax paid for the premium amount. The cost of the premium will depend on the medical history and age of the insured.
- Ambulance charges for emergency transport to the hospital are covered under the policy. While there is a limit for this cover, see the policy document to know the maximum limit for ambulance charges.
- Hospitalization expenses will be covered up to 30 days before the date of hospitalization.
- Post-hospitalization expenses will be paid as a lump sum up to the maximum limit specified in the policy.
- Only certain specific daycare expenses will be covered under the policy. See the policy document to find the list of daycare procedures covered under the policy.
- Some diseases are covered only to a specified extent. If you want to know more information about the coverage limits for these diseases, check the wording of the policy.
Star Special Care
Star Special Care is a health insurance policy designed specifically for children who have been diagnosed with autism disorder.
Any child between the age of 3 to 25 years who have been diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder will be covered under this policy.
The Sum Assured for this policy is Rs.3 lakh.
The premium for this policy starts from Rs.4,800. This is excluding tax to be paid for the premium amount. Different premiums are determined based on the age of the child. See the policy document to get a better idea of the premium to be paid to the insurer.
- Rs per day Room and nursing expenses up to 5000 are covered. If the insured is using shared accommodation, he will be paid Rs 500 per day. This is for a maximum of Rs.2,000 per hospital and for the entire policy period Rs. 10,000 is subject to.
- Emergency ambulance covers up to Rs.50 per hospital is provided. There is a limit of Rs 1500 for every policy term.
- Up to 7% of hospitalization expenses will cover post-hospitalization expenses. From the hospital, this coverage will be provided for 60 days from the date of discharge.
- There is a 30-day waiting period that starts on the day you take advantage of the policy. You can make claims only after the completion of 30 days from the date of commencement of the policy.
- A waiting period of 24 months is applicable to certain diseases and procedures. For a complete list of diseases with a waiting period of 24 months, see the policy document.
- A standard waiting period of 48 months is applicable for any current disease or illness. For pre-existing disease to get cover, you have to be insured with the insurer for 48 months you have to be insured
The following terms and conditions apply to all schemes:
- Renewal No age limit; 30-day grace period from expiration; Increase in the amount allowed upon renewal; Renewal premium may vary
- To be canceled at any time during the policy period; Premiums refunded as per company rates
- Termination on the death of insured, when the full cover is claimed
- Portability allowed
Star Micro Rural and Farmers Care
Under this policy, health insurance is for families and individuals who live in rural areas due to an accident or illness.
- Adults between 18 and 65 years of age.
- Dependent children between 12 months and 25 years of age.
It comes with a term of 1 year.
- Other than accidents, the waiting period is 30 days.
- In Pre-existing diseases come with a waiting period of 6 months.
- Some diseases/illnesses/illnesses come with a waiting period of 6 months.
- Persons: Rs 1 lakh
- Floater: Rs.2 Lakh
- Up to 1% of the sum insured is provided per day in terms of nursing, boarding and room expenses.
- In the case of cataract treatment, up to a maximum of Rs 10,000 for one eye is provided. The maximum insurance provided for the policy term is Rs. 15,000.
- Specialist, consultant, medical practitioner, anesthetist and surgeon fees.
Star Hospital Cash Insurance Policy
Under this policy, the cover is provided for contingency expenses such as food, travel, etc., which is not provided in your health insurance policy in case of hospitalization.
- Adults age between 18 and 65 years.
- Dependent children between 91 days and 25 years of age. However, they should be financially dependent on their parents.
The policy term is 1 year / 2 years / 3 years.
Augmented plan and a basic plan
Under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961, tax benefits are provided on the premium paid. However, the premium cannot be paid by cash.
- Other than accidents, the waiting period is 30 days.
- The waiting period (for specified diseases) is 24 months.
- The waiting period (for pre-existing diseases) is 36 months.
- Other than accidents, the waiting period is 30 days.
- The waiting period (for specified diseases) is 24 months.
- The waiting period (for pre-existing diseases) is 24 months.
Sickness hospital cash:
- Accident Hospital Cash
- ICU hospital cash due to injury or illness
- Convocation Hospital Cash
- Childbirth hospital cash
- Worldwide hospital cash
- Daycare procedure
Star Super Surplus (Floater) Insurance Policy
Apart from the basic cover, the Star Super Surplus offers a large coverage.
- Persons between 18 years and 65 years old.
- Dependent children between 91 days and 25 years of age.
Two different schemes are mentioned below:
- Silver plan
- Gold plan
Tax benefits can be availed under section 80D of the Act, 1961.
- On hospitalization a maximum of Rs per day. 4000 Rs.
- Specialist, anesthetist, consultant and surgeon fees.
- Pre-hospitalization expenses up to 30 days from the day of admission.
- Medical expenses are covered for a period of 60 days after discharge.
- Hospitalization cover is provided for nursing, boarding and room expenses.
- Medical expenses are covered for a period of 60 days prior to admission.
- Medical expenses are covered for a period of 60 days after discharge.
About Star Health and Allied Insurance
Star Health and Allied Insurance began operations in 2006 with a focus on health insurance, personal accident, and foreign mediclaim policies.
Star Health Insurance offers a variety of health insurance products at affordable prices to ensure everyone can be protected from any medical expenses by a health insurance policy.
Star Health Insurance Online Renewal
Star Health & Allied Insurance offers several policies with a lifetime renewable option. Here’s a step-by-step guide to renewing your Star Health Insurance policy online:
- Visit the insurer’s website for immediate renewal.
- Click on the Renewal button.
- Fill the online form with details about your policy such as policy number, your mobile number, email ID and date of birth. Click Proceed.
- Enter your address and click proceed.
- Post-keeping-in all mandatory information, renewal details such as gross premium and service tax will be displayed.
- You can click on the renewal notice and a new window will open with the notice.
- After reading the notice, click on the buy policy.
- Register with your name, phone, email, and password to pay the premium using net banking, debit card or credit card.
- It is important to check the terms and conditions of renewal before purchasing a health insurance policy.
Star Health and Allied Insurance Customer Service
Star Health and Allied Insurance have dedicated claims helpdesk to resolve claims related to their clients’ claims.
The helpdesk number and contact person’s claims for each location can be found on the insurance company’s website. Complaints will be accepted within a few hours of the registration of the complaint.
Your queries can be submitted online through the insurer’s website. As one of the largest health insurance companies in India, Star Health & Allied Insurance takes special care in redressing the grievances of its customers.
Premium Calculator (Star Health and Allied Insurance Mediclaim)
Star health insurance plans: The online premium calculator available on the insurer’s website makes it easy to calculate insurance premiums for your chosen health insurance policy.
Go to the official website of Star Health Insurance and click on the chosen plan. For example, if you have chosen a family insurance plan, enter the amount of insurance, the date of birth of the eldest member of your family, the pin code, etc. under the scheme, how many adults and children, you want to insure. All the necessary information is keyed in, you will get a quick quote of the insurance premium for the chosen policy.
Star Health and Allied Insurance for Government Employees
The Tamil Nadu state government launched a new health insurance scheme for government employees and their families in 2008 with Star Health and Allied Insurance Company.
The premium for health cover was paid by the employees. The policyholder Rs. For an annual premium of 495, you can avail up to Rs.2 lakh towards medical expenses for 4 years.
An amount of Rs 25 was deducted from the monthly salary of the nominee employee under the scheme. The beneficiaries of the scheme can avail of medical services in 52 hospitals across the state.
Star Health and Allied Insurance Health Screening
Star health insurance plans: Includes health checkups for every 1-3-claim-free years under the Star Health Insurance Family Health Optima Insurance Plan, the Star Comprehensive Insurance Policy and the Medi-Classic Insurance Policy.
Regular health screening can help identify a disease or prevent someone’s onset. Health checkups can be expensive, which is why an insurance policy covering your health check-up costs can be beneficial.
Star Health and Allied Insurance Policy Documents
It is important to go through the policy document for inclusion and exclusion when purchasing an insurance plan to avoid any hassle while making a claim.
Star health and allied insurance application forms, policy documents, brochures, pre-authorization forms, and KYC forms are available on the insurer’s website.
You can download the form, fill it, and submit it to the nearest Star Health Insurance branch office.
Star Health and Allied Insurance Login
To log in to the Star Health Insurance website, you will need to enter your name, phone, email, and password. You can log in with your registered email ID and password. By logging on to the website, you can do the following:
- Star Health and Allied Insurance Mediclaim Online Payment
- See your policy renewal notice
- Pay Star Health and Allied Insurance Renewal
Star Health and Allied Insurance Customer ID
A new health insurance scheme was launched by the Tamil Nadu state government in partnership with the stand-alone health insurance company, Star Health, and Allied Insurance, to provide health coverage for government employees.
The insurance company issued identity cards to the employees and beneficiaries covered under the new health insurance scheme through the respective salary withdrawal officers within a period of 60 days from the date of commencement of the scheme.
Star Health and Allied Insurance Network Hospital
Star health insurance plans: It tie-ups across the country over 9,100 hospitals, where policyholders with Star Health Insurance policy can avail cashless hospitalization as well as reimbursement facility.
It is one of the largest bases of networked hospitals in India. The insurer also provides a hassle-free claim settlement process without the intervention of a third-party administrator (TPA).
Near your home, to locate a network hospital, choose your state and city from the drop-down box on the online network hospital locator.
You will immediately get a list of networked hospitals with contact details. Star Health also has tie-ups with Agreed Network Hospitals, where insured members can take advantage of cashless transactions and receive package rates for identified processes.
FAQ’s (Star Health Insurance Plans)
Important Questions and Answers are:
Q: How to file a claim with Star Health?
A: Cashless Claim
- Visit the insurer’s network hospital to avail of cashless treatment. Inform the insurer of your planned hospitalization within 24 hours of unplanned hospitalization and 48 hours in advance by calling the toll-free number of Star Health Insurance.
- At the Network Hospital Help Desk, Show your Star Health ID . The hospital will verify your identity details and submit a pre-authorization request duly filled and signed to the insurance company.
- Star Health will appoint a doctor to verify the pre-authorization request and send an approval letter to the hospital.
- The hospital will proceed with cashless treatment for the insured member.
- If a cashless claim is denied, the insured member can undergo treatment and file for reimbursement claim after discharge.
- A star doctor will be assigned by Star Health to make it easier to hospitalize for insurance. All claims have to be reported within 24 hours of hospitalization. The reimbursement facility can be availed in-network as well as non-network hospitals.
- Determine all hospital bills at the time of discharge and collect all the original documents such as discharge summary, prescription, medical bills, hospital bills, pharmacy bills, etc.
- Submit the reimbursement claim form along with original medical documents to the nearest Star Health Branch office within 30 days of discharge.
- On successful verification and approval, the claim amount will be sent to the insured.
Estimated claim ratio of Star Health Insurance for the year 2017-18
- Net Earned Premium (Rs crore): Rs.2,793.60 crore
- Net claims paid (in crores): 692.02 crores
- Expected claims ratio (in %): 61.76%
Q: Why choose Star Health Insurance?
- Star Health and the allied insurance company offer the option of cashless hospitalization and reimbursement facility in all networked hospitals. Star currently has more than 9,100 network hospitals across the country.
- The insurance company has a pan India presence with over 450 branch offices across the country.
Claim settlement is hassle-free and done directly without third party involvement.
- Offers a variety of insurance products ranging from family floater plans to senior citizen health insurance cover.
- Star Health and Allied Insurance were rated as the best claims settlement insurer by the Hindustan MaRs survey.
- The company won the WHO Excellence Award for the year 2017 from the President of India.
Q: Why is it important to buy a health insurance policy?
Buying a health insurance policy will ensure that you and your family are protected from any financial risk that may arise due to a sudden medical emergency. The option of a good health insurance plan will ensure that you can save a lot of money in the long run.
Q: Are diagnostic fees like X-rays and MRIs covered under a health insurance policy?
Star health insurance plans: A health insurance plan will cover all diagnostic tests, such as MRI, X-rays and blood tests when they are related to the insured hospitalized for at least 24 hours. Clinical trials that are not part of hospitalization or that have been prescribed as an outpatient will not be covered under the policy.
Q: What does a hospital mean under medical insurance?
Star health insurance plans: A nursing home or hospital in India is an institution that has the capability of indoor care and treatment of injuries and illness.
A hospital or a nursing home should be registered with the local authorities and should be under the supervision of a qualified and registered medical practitioner.
If it is not, the hospital must meet the following minimum criteria:
- There should be an operation theater where surgery can be performed.
- Nursing staff who have all the necessary qualifications should be available round the clock in the hospital.
- A qualified physician should be available and in charge of the hospital round the clock.
Q: Can the insurer reject the authorization request for a cashless claim?
Star health insurance plans: Yes, there is a possibility that Star Health may reject the authorization request for a cashless claim. Some of the most common reasons for insurers to reject cashless claims are listed below:
- In order to cover the cost of hospitalization, the insured has completely exhausted the sum assured.
- The illness for which the hospital was admitted is not covered under the insurance policy.
Q: What are some important things to keep in mind while hospitalizing using a cashless access scheme?
- If you want to get admission in the hospital on the day of the appointment, it is advisable to register in the hospital beforehand.
- You can contact either Star Health Customer Care or the Admissions Desk at the hospital.
- You can show your Star Identity Card as proof and after verifying your Star Identity Card you can sign the pre-authorization form provided by the hospital.
- There are some network hospitals that will ask for some processing fees for admission and registration. These costs will have to be covered by the policyholder as it cannot be reimbursed under your health insurance policy.
Q: What is the income tax exemption for health insurance policies?
- The premium paid for the policy is exempt from income tax as per section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961. This exemption is up to Rs 25,000 for a person covering a family and its dependent children.
- If the policyholder wants to cover his parents under 60 years of age under an insurance policy, the other under section 80D is Rs. A tax benefit of 25,000 will be provided.
- In cases where the parents are over 60 years of age, deduction of Rs 50,000 can be availed under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
Q: What is working of cashless hospitalization?
- Every person providing coverage under a health insurance policy will be provided with an identity card.
- If hospitalization is required, the policyholder must inform Star Health on 044-28302200 / 1800 102 4477/1800 425 2255.
- You will need to get a pre-authorization letter from Star Health. The hospital will also submit a pre-authorization form to the insurer.
- Star Health will then process the cashless request based on the details received and provide a response to the hospital.
Q: How does the hospitalization process work in the event of planned hospitalization?
- In case of planned hospitalization, the pre-authorization form has to be signed by the insured and sent by the hospital to the insured.
- The request must reach Star Health at least two days before the date of hospitalization.
- Any changes made to the hospital, the date of hospitalization, the nature of the disease or the surgeon performing the procedure for admission will invalidate the pre-authorization. You must obtain a new authorization in this matter.
- Authority will be addressed to the hospital.
- This authorization is valid only in all network hospitals under the insurer.
Q: What is the procedure followed for reimbursement of hospitalization and post-hospitalization expenses under this insurance policy?
- Mediclaim policy offers the option of reimbursement of expenses incurred for a disease that required hospitalization. You can reimburse some expenses for a few days before hospitalization and after discharge from the hospital. This is however subject to certain limitations that are mentioned in the policy.
- To claim pre-hospitalization expenses, all expenses that are incurred in the treatment of the patient, resulting in inpatient hospitalization, are called pre-hospitalization expenses. This coverage is up to 30 days before the date of hospitalization. If you want to make claims then you have to produce all the original bills.
- To avail the expenses of post-hospitalization, 7% of the total bill of the hospital with a maximum of Rs. This coverage will be offered based on the recommendation and discharge summary provided by the doctor.
If the insurer does not settle the claims, you can contact Customer Service.
Q: Can a diabetic person with Star Health take a mediclaim policy?
Star health insurance plans: Yes, you can get any health insurance with Star Health that excludes the current condition of diabetes. There is also an option to buy a cover for diabetes. You can buy a diabetes safe policy. This policy will provide coverage for all complications due to diabetic nephropathy, diabetic foot ulcers, and diabetic retinopathy. However, this policy will require pre-medical screening even if the policy proposer is under 50 years of age.