What to Eat in Dengue ?: Protein, iron rich foods and vitamin C rich foods are highly prescribed by a doctor to a dengue fever patient. Female Aedes Egyptic mosquito is responsible for dengue fever. Dengue is a virus related disease and in this disease platelets counts are decreases. Dengue fever takes place under chronic category disease. In dengue disease, platelets going down in the human body. And platelets produce in the bone marrow area.
The starting point of dengue is indistinct. Yet researchers have as of late suggested that dengue began in Asian forests. It is an irresistible cycle including mosquitoes and primates.
According to the World Health Organization, 50 million individuals are experiencing dengue fever. In some places of the world, serious dengue is lethal for over 5% of patients. An expected 2.5 billion to 3 billion individuals around the globe are presently in danger of dengue disease. And the majority of these individuals live in tropical, urban areas. The danger of dengue is higher in an urban district than in non urban zones. But, dengue contamination’s are expanding in provincial networks.
What to Eat in Dengue: Dengue Treatment Foods
Protein, iron rich foods and vitamin C rich foods are highly prescribed by a doctor to a dengue fever patient. These important nutrients helps to prevent iron deficiency problem (Anemia) and increase platelet count generation. By consuming protein foods muscle pain and muscle loss avoided during dengue fever. So, digested protein helps you for maintaining muscle mass and weight. Vitamin c foods helps to boost up iron absorption in patients intestines and provide strength to patients immune system. Foods that give positive impact to recover from dengue disease are-
- Consume meats ( lean) like: Chicken, red meat, fish, etc.
- Consume liver with your diet
- Dengue patients should take milk and dairy products.
- Consume eggs
- Add beans, lentils, peas, and chicken peas in diet
- Drink plenty of fluids (3 litres in a day) to avoid dehydration like- coconut water, water.
- Consume vitamin C rich fruit juice. like- Orange.
If anyone suffering from dengue fever. Then consuming certain food items help to recover fast. The important foods for treating dengue are:-
1. Papaya leaves ( Dengue Treatment Foods )
What to Eat in Dengue – Leaves play a very important role from ancient times for treating dengue fever. Papaya leaves juice triggers the faster production of platelets in dengue patients. It is very effective if you consume it twice a day for treating dengue illness. Traditionally, papaya leaves use as a medicine in treating dengue. And it is the best home remedy for treating dengue.
2. Fruit juice ( Dengue Treatment Foods )
What to Eat in Dengue – Vitamin C rich fruits play an important role in treating dengue fever. Because this antioxidant triggers collagen production. And it aids in increasing the body’s immune function. The specific vitamin C fruits are-
These fruits increase lymphocytes production. And this fight against viral infection. By consuming these citrus and vitamin C rich fruit juice you treated the dengue fast.
3. Vegetable juice ( Dengue Treatment Foods)
If you consume carrot, cucumber, and other leafy greens as a juice. Then this fight against dengue symptoms. Vegetable juice is loaded with natural essential vitamins and minerals. So Vegetable juice aids in improving the immune system.
Iron and omega-3 fatty acids present in spinach in rich quantities. So this improves the immune system and increases the platelet counts in the body.
4. Coconut water ( What to Eat in Dengue ?)
It is one of the best dengue fever foods. Often, dehydration takes place in dengue fever. So, coconut water plays an important role as a natural source of water. Coconut water contains essential minerals and electrolytes. If you suffering from dengue then a liquid diet is advisable for treating.
5. Pomegranate ( Dengue Treatment Foods )
Pomegranate contains iron in rich value. It plays a beneficial role in the blood. And it aids in maintaining normal blood platelets for treating dengue fever.
6. Porridge ( What to Eat in Dengue ? )
It is a delicious cereal. Porridge is consuming as breakfast around the world. And it contains high fiber and nutrients. It provides adequate strength to the body for fighting with dengue disease.
7. Herbal tea ( Dengue Treatment Foods )
For reducing dengue fever symptoms, herbal tea plays an essential part. In herbal tea, you can use ginger, peppermint or cardamom flavors. Anti-inflammatory properties of ginger aids to decrease the dengue fever.
8. Goat milk ( Dengue Treatment Foods ? )
What to Eat in Dengue – Goat milk used for treating dengue fever. But this milk doesn’t have evidence for increasing the platelets counts in the body. Selenium present in goat milk in rich value which is beneficial in dengue. But according to Ayurveda, it helps to fight against dengue fever. Traditionally, goat milk is very helpful to recover from dengue fever.
9. Protein-rich food ( What to Eat in Dengue ? )
What to Eat in Dengue – If you suffering from the dengue fever virus. Then by consuming protein-rich food like- milk, egg and other dairy products. If you are a non-vegetarian person. Then you can use good quality of fish and chicken once you begin recovering from the fever.
10. Soups ( Dengue Treatment Foods )
Soups play a good role in helping to increase the appetite. If you consume it then it aids in the fight against joint pain and increases strength.
Foods that are avoided or limited ( What to Eat in Dengue ?)
- For fast recovery, dengue patients avoid those foods that have Salicylates. Salicylates have same property as Aspirin. This responsible for slow clotting and thin blood.
- In dengue fever foods that should be limited are-
- High fiber foods (Thin skin fruits, green leafy vegetables, whole grain cereals, etc.)
- For fast recovery fried foods, Saturated fat foods, processed foods, Raw vegetables, junk foods, Oily foods, spicy foods, Sugary and aerated drinks, pickle, etc should be limited.
- To recover a dengue patient, the excess constructed of caffeinated drinks (Tea, Coffee Cocoa) should be limited.
Dengue Diet Chart ( What to Eat in Dengue ?)
There are some very essential and fast recovering dengue fever foods available in nature. It is important to know by every dengue fever patients. I provided diet chart may help you to recover fast from dengue fever.
Doctors Advice to dengue patient
- Compete bed rest is important to dengue patients.
- Patients should not take Aspirin because of it works as a blood thinner.
- NSADs should not taken by patients due to its exacerbate plasma leakage.
- With light diet, patient consume maximum quantity of water.
- For monitoring platelet count also hematocrit, repeated blood tests are needed.
- Patient contact to a doctor in case of frequent vomiting, breathlessness, red spots, excessive drowsiness, Paleness of skin, bleeding from any site, black stools.
Questions & Answers ( What to Eat in Dengue ?)
1. Can dengue kill you?
A typical type of dengue fever is fatal in less than 1% of cases. However, dengue hemorrhagic fever is fatal in 2.5% os cases. Ig dengue fever hemorrhagic is not treated, mortality or death rates can be as high as 20%- 50%.
2. How to you confirm dengue?
Dengue fever can be diagnosed by surgical tests, by isolation of the virus or by methods of molecular. Diagnosis of recent dengue fever infection or acute can be established by testing of serum samples.
3. Can dengue cure at home?
For the natural cure of dengue fever, papaya leaf juice is very effective for treating dengue. Goat milk and kiwi fruit are also very beneficial and play the most important role in treating dengue.
4. Does dengue mosquito bite at night?
Dengue mosquito bite during the day and night and spread the virus.
5. Can dengue happen twice?
Dengue spread to a patient from two or more different strains. So, He gets dengue more than once. Basically cause dengue spread comes in four strains.
6. Does dengue affect the brain?
The infection of dengue fever in an acute stage, brain edema, dengue shock syndrome (DSS), cerebral anoxia, metabolic acidosis, electrolyte disturbances, vasculitis, liver and kidney failure can cause encephalopathy. Brain hemorrhage reported in some cases.
7. How much water should a dengue patient drink?
In dengue, dehydration occurred. WHO advises that patients drink 5 glasses of oral fluid or more glasses for adults.
8. In which season does dengue spread?
The peak time of dengue is around June to August during the rainy season.